It’s people that make The Forge, our amazing team, whom we will always look after so that they can look after you. The health, safety and wellness of you and them is our number one priority, and as you’d expect this was no different pre-Covid. We’ve always Forged with the very highest levels of hygiene – proud to be rated 5* by the EHO.
We’re so fortunate to have a building that makes social distancing relatively easy, however, we understand that before you step through our doors again you’ll require more than just the assurance of a spacious restaurant – you’ll want detailed insight into exactly what we’re doing here so that you can enjoy those smoky flavours and cocktails with total peace of mind. With that, we wanted to share with you some of the following measures that will be in place when you visit…
- WE HAVE COMPLETED A COVID-19 SPECIFIC RISK ASSESSMENT AS REQUIRED BY THE GOVERNMENT. THIS HAS BEEN TRAINED AND COMMUNICATED WITH ALL OF OUR TEAM;
- WE WILL CONTINUE TO OFFER TABLE SERVICE ONLY – BOTH IN THE RESTAURANT AND BAR;
- TEAM MEMBERS WILL CONTINUE TO BE TEMPERATURE TESTED BEFORE EACH SHIFT AND A MASK WILL BE PROVIDED AND WORN;
- CUSTOMERS WILL BE ASKED TO WEAR A FACE COVERING/MASK WHEN MOVING AROUND THE BUILDING. THESE DO NOT NEED TO BE WORN WHEN SAT AT YOUR TABLE;
- TOILETS WILL ALL BE OPERATING ON A ONE IN-ONE OUT BASIS, WITH SIGNAGE AND A DESIGNATED SOCIALLY DISTANCED QUEUING AREA. ON TOP OF THE DAILY DEEP CLEAN, EVERY HOUR, THESE WILL HAVE A ‘QUICK CLEAN’, WITH ALL TOUCHPOINTS SANITISED;
- ACCESSIBLE HAND SANITISER DISPENSER STATIONS ACROSS THE BUILDING FOR CUSTOMERS & TEAM;
- OPTIONAL SINGLE-USE PAPER MENUS + APP/ONLINE ALTERNATIVE;
- MOBILE CONTACTLESS ORDERING STRAIGHT TO YOUR TABLE WITH OUR NEW APP & WEB PAGE ORDERING;
- REDUCED FURNITURE INSIDE AND OUT AND NEW LAYOUTS TO DISTANCE TABLES;
- CLEAR ONE WAY SYSTEMS AND FLOOR MARKINGS TO PROMPT AND ASSIST IN KEEPING APPROPRIATE DISTANCING FOR ALL WHEN MOVING AROUND THE VENUE;
- INCREASED CLEANING SCHEDULE THROUGHOUT WITH PARTICULAR ATTENTION PAID TO THE CLEANING OF OBJECTS AND SURFACES THAT ARE TOUCHED REGULARLY;
- STAFF HANDWASHING EVERY 20 MINUTES AND HAND SANITISING BETWEEN EVERY TABLE AND EVERY NEW TASK
- CLEAR TABLES ON ARRIVAL (NO CUTLERY WILL BE LEFT OUT) AND SANITISING OF ALL SALT/PEPPER POTS AFTER EACH USE;
- APPROPRIATELY PLACED SCREENS THROUGHOUT THE BUILDING AND CLEAR SOCIAL DISTANCING PROMPTS;
- THE CONTINUATION OF OUR DELIVERY/COLLECTION OPTION FOR THOSE WHO MAY PREFER TO FORGE FROM HOME FOR NOW;
And there’s no need to miss our cocktails either. Hand-crafted by us, bottled, ready to pour, delivered to your door. Grab a box (or two) of your favourite tipples here – www.smithscocktails.co.uk
We’re really trying to keep things as simple as possible. We know how important it is not to dilute the experience and the enjoyment of eating out. We really hope we can manage to strike the perfect balance.
We’re always striving to do better so if you have any worries, queries or concerns before you visit, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’re here to help and listen, always.
Lastly, for everyone’s safety, we just ask that you don’t visit us if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid 19. We promise to always be understanding and flexible on bookings if these should need to change.
Grant, Robyn and The Team